Tuesday, August 14, 2007

On a personal note GETTING SKUNKED

My husband and I have taken the week off me in between jobs and him to interview. About a week and a half ago I was out on the deck and saw something out of the corner of my eye and realized it isn't one of my cats for the door is shut. I just saw the tail and thought skunk but it was almost all white. Ok no big deal but then I was out on Sunday night and saw two of them frolicking in the yard. So of course I grab the laptop and start doing research. The next morning we were able to locate how they were getting in. So we took a piece of wood and wedged it under the fence. Well, this morning it was evident that they wanted to borrow under our garden and make a home. So we decided on chicken wire. We would staple it to the fence and dig it into the ground a bit. While I am filling up the holes that they had dug my husband was checking to make sure that the staple gun had staples and guess what happened he stapled the palm of his hand. So off the hospital for a tetanus shot. It was seriously the fastest I have ever gotten in and out of an emergency room it was a dream. So luckily we were able to get back and finish the job in the daylight. I really hope this works because getting skunked is no fun. If you have any skunk stories I would love to hear them.

No comments: