Thursday, August 9, 2007

Content who provides it and how

I have been working with this client yes the same one who quark document decided to peter out on my. It is a 32 page program for a weekend show. They have many advertisers and they come in many different way. That's ok but they have the advertisers send it directly to me and the advertisers pretty much make up their own specs. For example I have a half page landscape ad space hmmm I will sent them a 8.5x11 portrait yeah that will fit and look great!

So my biggest gripe over this is telling me to go to a website and dig through it looking for something a)that I don't have the name for b) do not know what it looks like and c)where the heck it is. If you are submitting content from a website there are 1 of two things you can do to make it a bit easier and cost efficient. 1) you can go download the pdf yourself and send it via email or 2) you can go to the link and copy that link into an email and send it. This will save everyone involve a lot of time.

To recap if you are submitting content organize it, bottom line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, the designer isn't responsible for 3rd parties not submitting content properly. Let your client know about the problem and ask them to contact their advertiser and give the specs for the ad space. If the advertiser doesn't comply, they will have a crappy looking ad! Not your fault! And it's their name on the ad, not yours ;)